Thursday, August 28, 2014

Using Ted Talks for Class Discussion




















A few years back, while I was surfing the internet, I came across something called Ted Talks or to be more precise Ted.com. As many people know by now, it is a site that invites personalities from different fields to speak on different issues such as education, technology, and others. That day, I viewed a video by Benjamin Zander, a famous orchestra conductor, and I became enthralled by his presentation. (Watch his performance) I have become a loyal follower ever since, and I not only watch the Ted videos for entertainment purposes, but I have also used them in the classroom. The great thing about Ted is the way that its videos can generate classroom conversation. A student in the Ted Blog wrote, recently, about how Ted videos can be good resources for class discussion. (Read his post)

Top twenty Ted Talks: 
Click Image below

 

No comments: